hiBuySilverMalaysia.com - Gold and Silver Bullion Wholesale for Malaysia
Karatage, (symbol: K or kt) denoted by a number followed by "k" indicates purity, or how much of the metal in a piece of jewellery is gold. Karatage is expressed in 24 parts of the portion, making 24k gold, 100% gold.
|Karat||% Gold Content||Commonly Known As||Remarks|
||99.95% and above||Pure 999 Gold
||Too soft for fine jewellery|
||91.66% - 95.83%||916 Gold
||Ideal for fine jewellery|
||75.00% - 79.16%||750 Gold
||Ideal for fine jewellery|
Jewellery made from pure gold is too soft for everyday wear. Jewellery is alloyed with a mixture of metals like silver, copper, nickel, and zinc to give it strength and durability. You'll find examples of pure gold jewellery, but pure gold is soft and isn't practical for daily wear. Other metals are mixed with it to make it more durable.
Adding other metals to the mix also allows metallurgists to change the color of gold. Palladium or nickel can be added to create "white gold". Adding copper produces a "rose gold" or pink tint, while silver gives gold a greenish cast.
Density is a measure of how much mass is contained in a given unit volume (density = mass/volume). It is usually expressed in kg/m^3. Put simply, if mass is a measure of how much 'stuff' there is in an object; density is a measure of how tightly that 'stuff' is packed together.
Density test is widely used to test the authenticity of the Gold and Silver products in the industry. The unique density of each metal group (Gold or Silver) is easily distinguishable therefore a simple yet accurate test to perform.
Our jewellery range is made to meet export quality. Some designs may be elegantly simple yet durable in quality. The following are some of the factors that determine the value of a gold jewellery piece.
- Weight: Gold is sold by weight - grams (g), the heavier the piece, the higher the gold content (k), therefore it is more expensive.
- Design: Designer jewellery is more expensive, workmanship will be higher for intricate pieces. Our jewellery is priced with minimal workmanship due to our wholesale volume that we able to leverage on. We pass this savings directly to our customers.
- Fashion jewellery is made of plat and does not contain any of the precious or semi-precious gemstones, pearls, or other materials listed in Fine jewellery.
- Fine jewellery is made of precious metal (Gold, Silver or Platinum) and/or set with precious or semi-precious gemstones and/or pearls.
- Pendant - A piece of jewellery that is hanging on necklace, worn around the neck.
- Locket - A pendant with small container, some contains a picture.
- Choker Necklace - A choker necklace is 35 cm (14 in) to 41 cm (16 in) long and sits high on the neck.
- Princess Necklace - A princess necklace is 45 cm (18 in) to 50 cm (20 in) long, longer than a choker, but shorter than a matinee.
- Matinee Necklace - A matinee length necklace is 56 cm (22 in) to 58 cm (23 in) long - typically a single strand that rests at the top of the cleavage.
- Opera Necklace - An opera necklace is 75 cm (30 in) to 90 cm (35 in) long and sits at the breastbone.
- Rope Necklace - A rope necklace is any necklace longer than Opera length. Some fashionable style is to make a double loop with this type of necklace.
- An anklet, also known as ankle chain or ankle bracelet, is an ornament worn around the ankle.
- Aranjanam or Araijan Kayiru is a girdle like ornament tie around the waist of infants and children. Also called 'Araijan Kodi'. The important and main purpose is to know the healthy growth of an infant on those days also to hold the cloth on the waist, a belief that it gets rid of evil spirits.
- Confused about the spelling? You're not the only one, ask anyone in an English speaking country to spell the word 'Jewellery' and you'll get at least 3 different answers. The word has it origin from a combination of the latin word "plaything" and a medieval French word jouel (later 'jewel').
- The most commonly used variations of this noun, meaning precious items of personal decoration, are jewellery and jewelry. The correct spelling in both Australian and British English is jewellery. In American English, the correct spelling is jewelry. Canadian English, on the other hand, uses both variations, with the most popular being jewellery.
- Considering these differences, the singular noun jewel is spelled this way across all English dialects.
Types of Necklaces
Jewellery, Jewelery or Jewelry?
- Whenever necessary, for safety reasons, minute item e.g. springs, screws, hooks and other similar may be made of gold of other quality and/or metal.
- The gold content of all gold products sold by BuySilverMalaysia adheres to international standard. The nett weight of all gold products is up to 2 decimal points in accuracy. Due to the sensitivity of the weighing machines, there is a slight variation of +/-0.05 gram tolerance.
- We measure the length of the necklace from end to end, including the clasp.
- To ensure lifetime satisfaction, all jewellery including gold ornaments should be kept away from mercury, acid, oil and other substances with similar qualities and must also be protected against extreme temperatures to prevent decolourization and/or any other form or deterioration.